Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If the bible says...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

If the bible says... Empty
PostSubject: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 pm

I figured we could use this thread as a way for finding anwsers for those of us(like me) who are a little "lost" with how the bible works, and etc. (Hope that makes sense).

so I'll start off, if you have anwsers PLEASE post, or belief's etc. If you have a "wondering" about something, PLEASE post!

ok, here we go...

If the bible says: "God loves everyone", how come it also says "Homosexuality is wrong"? Isn't that a double standard or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Super Panda Girl
Shore Duty
Super Panda Girl

Number of posts : 284
Rate : MM3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 pm

I agree!! It is a double standard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missweetziebat

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Well, I'm bad at Bible stuff. Seriously, in college I took Survey of Old Testament and got a C If the bible says... 740931

Anywho, God does love everyone- even homosexuals. God set forth guidelines for moral behavior- like no stealing, adultery or homosexuality but it's understandable that some people will turn to sin. God still loves these individuals though- they are his children. If you're Christian, you believe that Jesus as the son of God came to earth and died to that our sins would be forgiven.

It's not really a double standard- it's one of those "Love the sinner, hate the sin," sort of things. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:55 am

yeah, this is where i get stuck...

the way i see it is this.
I get the whole, He loves us cause we're his children, but just cause he loves us, it doesn't mean he has to like what we do.
but i keep getting stuck on,
If my son, or daughter came to me and said, I'm gay... How could i say... Ok, I love you, but you can't come to my house until you're not gay anymore.
To me, that doesn't say love and understanding.
that's where i can see the contradiction that others see.

For the record, i have recieved the argument that nowhere in the bible it states that God is "understanding"... and as far as i know this is true because i haven't found it yet. So there is that.
And also, we are not God, and therefore will not feel how he feels. So it kinda cancels out that point as well.
BUT, that just my If the bible says... 797589 and it's why i get stuck. because i guess i feel like God should be understanding, after all, he created us. and he knows whats going on here on earth... but then that's a whole other discussion.

If the bible says... 233287 btw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am

Yeah, I didn't get it. I get "scared" for "questioning things, but figure in order to understand you question right?

It's kinda like, God made us, soooo how can it be wrong if he's the one who created us? That and it wasn't in his original "plan" to even have us but since Adam and Eve sinned then it seems like his plans had to change. So that's what I don't get. :shrugs:
Back to top Go down
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:36 pm

ah, but i think it was gods plan to have us...

he created Adam and Eve to procreate, and name the animals, etc.

It wasn't his plan for the world to be so messed up. but, then i don't get why he didn't just say, well, sorry you little snake, serpent satan thing. ain't happenin!

But then, i guess if he did step in, then it would alter the whole free will thing...

and then we're back around to our first issue, if we were created with free will, why are we condemned for "choosing" a sexual path displeasing to god. And if it's not a chosen path, but a genetic thing, then well, how would that be our fault anyway?

anyway, that's just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Good Opinion.... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:13 pm

Well I don't believe in God so my opinion is kind of moot here but that's one thing that always confused me and still does whenever I try to get people to explain the bible (I don't believe in God but I am highly into theology and study all religions as a hobby). There are hundreds of contradictions in the bible! But everyone has different answers as to why and everyone interprets it differently. I think that the Bible shouldn't be seen as a word for word on how you should live your life, but more look at what the bible stands for as a whole and use it as a base for you to define your own morals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the bible says...   If the bible says... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If the bible says...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Sweethearts :: Spirituality and Enlightenment :: Discussion-
Jump to: