Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Bang or Creationist?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Big Bang or Creationist? Empty
PostSubject: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:23 pm

What do you think?
There are so many arguments both for and against. where do you stand?
I go for the Big Bang. but i also believe in uhm... higher powers.
so could it be possible that the big bang or whatever theory occured simply because God willed it?
anyway,
what's your two cents?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:54 pm

I believe that the two can co-exist peacefully. I believe like you do pretty much- that there was a big bang but that God willed it.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:14 pm

ok, I am new to all of this...seriously slow...can someone explain the difference and what each one is?
Back to top Go down
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:23 pm

copy pasted from wikipedia

The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe, originally conceived to describe its origins, that is best supported by all cosmological observations. The essential idea is that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past and continues to expand to this day. Observational evidence for the expansion of the universe came first from Edwin Hubble's 1929 discovery that galactic distances are proportional to their redshifts.[1] Since the universe is seen to be expanding today, theoretical cosmologists can make detailed predictions of the universe's denser and hotter past. A major feature of Big Bang cosmology is its prediction of the conditions of an early universe having extreme densities and temperatures that today can only be probed in high-energy environments. The results of Big Bang predictions have been found to conform accurately and precisely to a variety of astronomical observations.

Creationism is a religious belief that humanity, life, the Earth, and the universe were created in their original form by a deity (often the Abrahamic God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam) or deities, whose existence is presupposed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:08 pm

I believe in the big bang, to an extent..but I basically now just say that I don't care how we got here just that I'm here..lol. I know that's rather ignorant sounding of me but no one has real proof that any theory is correct so if you start wondering about it you're going to be wondering your whole life about it...plus it just makes my head hurt..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Bang or Creationist?   Big Bang or Creationist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Bang or Creationist?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Sweethearts :: Spirituality and Enlightenment :: Discussion-
Jump to: