Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanna be my design guru?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wanna be my design guru? Empty
PostSubject: Wanna be my design guru?   Wanna be my design guru? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 pm

I've said it before- DH and I bought a house! Well, I'm looking to get some design advice from you lovely ladies.

We bought it with stock specifications on the flooring- i.e. no hardwood, just carpet. Well, the second we move in we want to rip it out and put in hardwood but I'm having a super hard time deciding on a color or wood type.

I have my favorites- but the floorplan is really open (Here if you wanted to check it out). From the living room you can see the kitchen and in there we have some dark cherry wood cabinets going in there. I feel like the hardwood should match but even our dining room table is the same cherry wood- that'd be cherry overkill if the floors were too... but obviously some woods will just clash like light ones.

Urg, Idk. It's so hard to choose and I'm so bad at design. Any ideas ladies? =]
Back to top Go down
Super Panda Girl
Shore Duty
Super Panda Girl

Number of posts : 284
Rate : MM3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Wanna be my design guru?   Wanna be my design guru? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:05 am

I dont know but I LOVE KB Homes they did my parents home in CA and it was awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missweetziebat

PostSubject: Re: Wanna be my design guru?   Wanna be my design guru? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 am

Aw really? KB Homes are pretty cool- their houses are just gorgeous.

I don't know if I'd build with them again though- they nickel and dime you hard in their studio options. They try to sell you everything you wouldn't possibly need and charge extra for everything you do... at one point when we selected our front door the sales agent was like "...and will you be wanting a peep hole?" My jaw dropped- yep, they charged us extra for a friggin' peep hole. I'm still a tad bitter. lol!
Back to top Go down
Super Panda Girl
Shore Duty
Super Panda Girl

Number of posts : 284
Rate : MM3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Wanna be my design guru?   Wanna be my design guru? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm

lol! I understand. They did that with us too back in CA. Our house was awesome though...even though we were there for maybe 2 years before we moved once again. go figure. They also built with Toll Brothers and that was even better then KB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missweetziebat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna be my design guru?   Wanna be my design guru? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna be my design guru?
Page 1 of 1