Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally an AWSOME day!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Finally an AWSOME day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:47 pm

=
[b]So today was VERY long. I woke up at 8am and left the house at 9am to head to my 1st sewing class. It's an 18 week class and it's FREE and it's so much fun. It's from 9:30am-1:30pm and today we started making an Apron. so Finally an AWSOME day!!! W00tp1 Next project is PJs, and then a fancy type of shirt. Soon I'll be well on my way to making the dress for little Layla, and the scrubs for my sister.

Then after the class was over I went to the Mall, where at 3:30pm I had an interview at the Disney store. Well of course I got there REALLY early, so I treated myself to Applebee's.....Yup ate alone and read my book, so freakin relaxing!!! Then walked around the mall and finally at 3:15 I had a group interview.

I did really well and 2hrs later...yup...2 hrs later finally was able to get in for a 2nd interview, and was about to be offered the job when....they needed me to work during Christmas Leave. Yeah...not gonna happen. Going home is sooooo important to DH that I'm not not going...and heck it's a chance for me to get the F out of SD. So, I don't think I am going to take the job..it was only seasonal anyway so it wouldn't be a big thing. Nice hours though so its a bummer, but it's ok.

Came home ate the rest of my applebee's and now just relaxing.

FINALLY FINALLY a relaxing, fun-filled Awsome day...haven't had one of those in a VERY long time. Finally an AWSOME day!!! Th_a1-jump4joyFinally an AWSOME day!!! Th_a1-jump4joyFinally an AWSOME day!!! Th_a1-jump4joy

sorry to Ramble.
Back to top Go down
Nicole
Bootcamp Survivor
Nicole

Number of posts : 90
Rate : EM3

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 am

At least you were 0ffered the job. That is a step in a good direction, that means there will be more jobs in the future. Generally speaking most retail jobs hiring at this time of the year are going to want you to work that holiday since it is the biggest shopping time in the year. Just something to keep in mind is all.

Congrats though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/boudica27
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 am

Thanks,

yeah when I applied I wasn't even thinking of the holidays...stupid me. But the fact I would have gotten it, makes me feel good. Then I could always still take it but bow out at Christmas time, but I don't wanna be dishonest so I prolly won't. Tommorrow, before I get Cooper, I am going to put in an application to the base again, and follow up on my other one that's already there.

I am so sick and tired of interviews, and filling out apps. If I got paid to job hunt I'd be rich, it'd be cheaper just to stay home. But of course DH thinks it's a piece of cake to get a job. Of course he hasn't applied to one in over 4 years and never to one here so I don't think he knows what the heck he's talking about. I nearly threw the computer at him tonight and told him to go find one if its that easy. He's in bed now...mad...I'll prolly go in there in awhile....ggrrr..men sometimes I swear.

Anyway, this turned into a vent.. lol...
Back to top Go down
rdersham
Deployed!
rdersham

Number of posts : 323
Rate : MM2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:02 am

do you have any info on that sewing class? i think that would be fun!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/qt4u0369
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:05 am

ummm.. http://www.sdce.edu/class-schedule/fall-schedule.php?topic=712&campus=&y=12

I go to the 1st one. Mondays at 9:30am-1:30pm. And you just show up and they have sewing machines there, but if you have one you can bring your own. Bring bobbins and pins and fabric if you wanna...it's fun you should try it out.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
Deployed!
rdersham

Number of posts : 323
Rate : MM2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:08 am

thanks for the info! i work during the day so i'll probably do the night classes if i go. glad you had an awesome day. good luck job searching!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/qt4u0369
Nicole
Bootcamp Survivor
Nicole

Number of posts : 90
Rate : EM3

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 am

Sarah wrote:
Thanks,

yeah when I applied I wasn't even thinking of the holidays...stupid me. But the fact I would have gotten it, makes me feel good. Then I could always still take it but bow out at Christmas time, but I don't wanna be dishonest so I prolly won't. Tommorrow, before I get Cooper, I am going to put in an application to the base again, and follow up on my other one that's already there.

I am so sick and tired of interviews, and filling out apps. If I got paid to job hunt I'd be rich, it'd be cheaper just to stay home. But of course DH thinks it's a piece of cake to get a job. Of course he hasn't applied to one in over 4 years and never to one here so I don't think he knows what the heck he's talking about. I nearly threw the computer at him tonight and told him to go find one if its that easy. He's in bed now...mad...I'll prolly go in there in awhile....ggrrr..men sometimes I swear.

Yeah men don't understand how hard it is to find a job. They got to enlist, we have to do a resume, go in for the interview and hope they like what we bring to the table. Especially in this area where it is more of speaking another language then experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/boudica27
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:43 am

Sarah wrote:
ummm.. http://www.sdce.edu/class-schedule/fall-schedule.php?topic=712&campus=&y=12

I go to the 1st one. Mondays at 9:30am-1:30pm. And you just show up and they have sewing machines there, but if you have one you can bring your own. Bring bobbins and pins and fabric if you wanna...it's fun you should try it out.

so what if you don't have all that stuff? cause i might join you at that class! do you have to register or anything?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:26 pm

you only really need thread and fabric and bobbins for the machine. Of course if you go with me, you can use my stuff..minus the fabric...you do have to regester, but it's just for insurance purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:27 pm

Nicole wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Thanks,

Yeah men don't understand how hard it is to find a job. They got to enlist, we have to do a resume, go in for the interview and hope they like what we bring to the table. Especially in this area where it is more of speaking another language then experience.

Yeah, he left me a note this morning saying he was sorry....jerk...hehehe..
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:11 pm

yeah I hate looking for jobs, it's so nerveracking. You have to play like you're the best person in the world and they can't possibly do it without you, when you know they totally could. Maybe it's harder for us b/c it's in their nature to be macho and have big egos while it's in our nature to be more humble (in a way lol) and down play our talents. good luck though. i just did 3 interviews this week. and fretted during every one of them despite the fact that i know i'm a great teacher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally an AWSOME day!!!   Finally an AWSOME day!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally an AWSOME day!!!
Page 1 of 1