Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Job Hunting again....and again...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Job Hunting again....and again... Empty
PostSubject: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 am

I HATE job hunting. I always feel so bad when I don't get it or hear nothing back. DH thinks it's "easy" and that I should just go apply. Which I have been. Then he's like well go to clothing stores..and I told him "baby, any store like that, that I work in will want me to work Christmas and I can't do that"... and then he gets huffy....

Honestly, despite saving money to go home to FL. I would want nothing more than to be a SAHW. I know that sounds selfish, but I am so afraid that I'll get a job (if it's not 8-5) and then never see DH, especially with Deployment coming up...I wanna spend as much time with him as possible....and then he goes " then fine, wait til after Christmas"...of course that will only give me 3 months to work before I go home to FL.

so agggggggggggggggggggg

I do need to find a job though....why must it be so frustrating. I hate getting a job that I won't like simply cause I don't think work should be horrible...
Back to top Go down
Nicole
Bootcamp Survivor
Nicole

Number of posts : 90
Rate : EM3

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:23 am

Yeah its not that easy and your right. Any store will want you to work the holiday, especially since you are a new employee you wouldn't have the weight to request the days off. I think it would be best to go with what you plan on doing and waiting until after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/boudica27
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 am

actually i'm super proud of being a stay at home wife. Every now and then i feel a little guilty like... i'm not doing enough to help out. and then there are always those people... who are like... "so you don't work for a living?"
and i want to say actually I do!! i cook and clean and take car of a US Sailor!! and make sure he is damn comfortable every single day. you give it a try....
lol sorry! didn't mean to let loose.
but i really do alot and i didn't realize it till DH left, and i have more time to actually look at what i do around here. as retarded as that sounds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou
rdersham
Deployed!
rdersham

Number of posts : 323
Rate : MM2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 am

did you try kohls? you put in the schedule that you want to work there....

yeah...i admire SAHW's and SAHM's. picture yourself in my shoes though....i work, go to school full time, clean, do dishes, laundry, sometimes cook, and take care of stuff for dh...it's nice staying busy though. it's nice to have that extra income though because we are more able to do fun stuff on the weekends and at night when i'm off.....sorry had to brag a little, lol.

good luck in your job search though, did you look on craiglist and monster.com, too?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/qt4u0369
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:33 pm

yup tried all those. Fixing to make some phone calls now...

the thing is, when I had that job before...DH would get mad when I would suggest going out. Whats the point in having a job when he still doesn't want to go out? I mean granted the last few weekends-minus this past one- we've went out, but idk.

Like Lynds I enjoyed staying at home. Not because I didn't want to work, but because I DO work when I am home. I have the apartment to keep clean(DH said it wasn't dirty...but in my eyes it is), and a dog to take care of... a husband to take care of. etc.

His mom comes here September 28th-October 2nd, then the weekend of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th...I am having a suprise birthday party for him that Saturday. So I really wouldn't be able to start until after the 5th of October, and I'd have to find a job where I could get Christmas/New Years off. We won't know which one until closer to where it gets to Decemeber.

My goal I suppose is to get a base job. Then, if not then I will find a job, lie(which I hate to do) and tell them I can work Christmas and then the last day possible I'll tell them I can no longer work...
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 pm

I would just tell them you can't work x-mas and use the deployment card, better to tell the truth and hope for someone to have sympathy towards your situation. good luck though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Job Hunting again....and again...   Job Hunting again....and again... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Job Hunting again....and again...
Page 1 of 1