Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share a little...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm

About your religion.....no matter what it is...
Back to top Go down

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Hmm well I'm Christian nondenominational- I was raised Baptist but I haven't been in a Baptist church, or any church for that matter, in years.

I don't believe in organized religion really. I think the church is an establishment has too much of a propensity to become corrupt. Basically now, I just read the Bible and try to adhere to it's teachings.

I identity most with an archaic Christian school of thought- Deism (which believes in most of the traditional Christian doctrine). It was prevalent in the 17th and 18th Century but doesn't really have an organized church today. Wikipedia Deism if you want to learn more.

Deists pretty much believe that God gave us the world to interpret through reason and science. They believe that God exists and set the world in motion- but took a step back from it all and doesn't do any divine intervention. Thus, prayer is pretty much for thanks only- no requests. Deists kind of reject the supernatural events like miracles and prophecy and instead emphasize reason. A famous Deist would be Thomas Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
Super Panda Girl
Shore Duty
Super Panda Girl

Number of posts : 284
Rate : MM3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:14 pm

We are Christian nondenominational-

I was raised Unitarian Universalist which was an amazing place. I loved it and I learned soo much. The youth were encouraged to find our own belifs and such, but we were taught to follow wonderful values and a code of honor. When we moved to NC my paretns started taking us to an Episcopalian church which I really enjoyed but I havent found a church in SC that we like...and by that I mean we dont get up on sunday like we should. lol! I think that the Chruch puts too much politcs in religon where it shouldnt be.

Kenny was raised Lutherin and wanted to go to seminary school (hes really into theology and such). He has a very open belif system (which is good cuz I dated a pentacostal and that was hell!!!!).

I want to send our kids to a private school, most likely a christan one beacuse I really like the school my brother and sister are at. It teaches them tolerance and God's love which I LOVE! I think people have forgotten that God loves everyone, no matter who they are or what they believe. And I want my kids to know that.

yea...this whole post is kinds of a ramble so more power to you if you can understand what Im trying to say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missweetziebat
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:50 pm

I am pretty much on the fence. My step-mom took us in and out of so many churches I am confused. Which is why I thought of this thread Laughing I greatly appreciate your responses ladies, it's actually helped me alot!
Back to top Go down
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:46 am

Whitney- I just wanted to say...
I love your vocabulary. lol silly i know, but still!

as far as my religion... don't have one. Mine is more of a belief system. and its more something that is unique to me, and it grows as i go through life and change.

I was raised a southern Baptist. at about 13 my mom married and jehovah's witness. i studied that for about 4-5 years. left when i hit 18, for my own reasons. and ever since, i'm very sceptical about any form of religion. I, as DH likes to say(being a nuke and all)... I nuke it! in other words, i overthink it. DH does the same thing. we find too many flaws in too many religions. So i know organized religion is not for me.

So, instead. I have my own morale code. if you think about it everyone does. regardless to religion.

my morale code is simple. Be Good, even when others are bad.
I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around.
and that is pretty much it. i could go on and on about all kinds of things, but we'll save that for the Discussion room, *wink* lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Growing up when we went to church we went to an Assembly of God church. And then it was really only on Wednesday night to Missionettes (like girl scouts but for church) My parents never had us baptized because my mom grew up catholic and my dad Assembly of god so they wanted us (me and my brother) to be able to choose our own religion.

When I met my husband he would attend church almost every week and he is Episcopalian. I would go every once in a while with him and I really enjoyed the service. When we got married we had an Episcopalian service. After getting married we continued going to an Episcopalian church back home when ever possible (we both worked weekends)When we moved to SC we had a hard time finding a church near us but we finally found one that we love the beginning of this year. After going to the services with my husband for 3 years I decided that I really wanted to be baptized Episcopalian and once we found the church here that we liked I was finally baptized in February.
Back to top Go down

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:41 pm

LynzyLouMiller wrote:
Whitney- I just wanted to say...
I love your vocabulary. lol silly i know, but still!

as far as my religion... don't have one. Mine is more of a belief system. and its more something that is unique to me, and it grows as i go through life and change.

I was raised a southern Baptist. at about 13 my mom married and jehovah's witness. i studied that for about 4-5 years. left when i hit 18, for my own reasons. and ever since, i'm very sceptical about any form of religion. I, as DH likes to say(being a nuke and all)... I nuke it! in other words, i overthink it. DH does the same thing. we find too many flaws in too many religions. So i know organized religion is not for me.

So, instead. I have my own morale code. if you think about it everyone does. regardless to religion.

my morale code is simple. Be Good, even when others are bad.
I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around.
and that is pretty much it. i could go on and on about all kinds of things, but we'll save that for the Discussion room, *wink* lol

lol! Thank you. Hehe, I'm an English major. I try to keep my vocab to a minimum but it slips out sometimes.

I like your reasoning for your beliefs. That's pretty much how I got interested in Deism- I was completely skeptical of organized religion and a lot of things that I was reading in the Bible. There's no Dogma in Deism- the motto is to use reason and think for yourself. I just try to live with as much kindness and decency as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Share a little... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a little...   Share a little... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share a little...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Sweethearts :: Spirituality and Enlightenment :: Religion and Beliefs-
Jump to: