Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Issue with my school life...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

Number of posts : 800
Rate : FC2
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Issue with my school life... Empty
PostSubject: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:02 am

Hey everyone, this is for those of you who have been following my problems with school.

First and foremost I want to say I my hubby. Even on underway he still knows how to brighten my day.

I went to the school today and got a new list of classes I need to take in order to graduate. I have been battling with myself because I can NEVER seem to stick with school. Weather it be family problems, depression, stress whatever I always manage to bow out. I HATE doing that and from this moment on...NO MORE!!!

I am 10 classes...yes only 10 classes away from getting my AA in General Studies...well I have now regestered for 4 classes this FALL 2008 semester. 3 online, and one on campus (so I can still have open avaliability to work) This is ALOT, but I know I can do it and I know that with the encouragement of my loving husband and friends I can DO IT!!!

This semester I am taking (online) Descrpitive Astronomy, Pre-Algebra(yes I'm math stupid) and Sociology. On campus I am taking a Public Speaking Speech class. After those I will be left with 6 classes...3 more math classes, American Sign Language, English, Biology(with a lab) and that's it. I'll then have my AA degree. If I pace myself and take one class at intersession(in Dec.) and 4 classes in the Spring and the last class in the Summer, I could VERY WELL have my AA degree before we leave SD. I REALLY want this so bad, and feel that anything is possible and I plan to do it...

just wanted to share.

I was worried about the money but DH told me to not worry about it, I'll have the money on the 15th to pay for the classes, then the next month I can get some if not all of my books, and then on the 23rd I have a meeting on base about getting $3,000 for college...so hopefully I'll get that. so

Anyway, if you read all that, THANKS...
Back to top Go down
Super Panda Girl
Shore Duty
Super Panda Girl

Number of posts : 284
Rate : MM3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:10 am

I'll keep my fingers corssed that you d well hun! I know you can do it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missweetziebat
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 am

you can do it! I was afraid I would never keep going with college and I ended up with a MS lol. I just kept telling myself I had to, I had to be the first in my family and whatnot, ok so there's more to it than that, but it makes me look silly lol
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 am

mj- you're hilarious...

Thanks ladies!!!
Back to top Go down
rdersham
Deployed!
rdersham

Number of posts : 323
Rate : MM2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:35 am

Congrats and good luck, Sarah! I did that meeting about getting the $3,000 for college on base and you have to be trying to get your degree in certain fields. I'm not sure if you get the money for General Studies or not? I hope so for your sake though! Don't forget they have financial aid, too, that you don't have to start paying back until 6 months after you graduate. What school did you enroll in? I'm at DeVry and you can get a Bachelor's Degree in only 3 years there Smile I wish you the best of luck and if you need anything, let me know!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/qt4u0369
Sarah
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Rachel how much does it cost at DeVry? I am avoiding F.A. simply cause I already owe $7,000 and dont want anymore and dont qualify for free money.

I am basically going for my AA and in Education, but they dont have an AA for education at City college. It's for like libral arts, but I don't have time to do that here ya know? Oh well not costing me much to get it done there and I hope I get this job today...and will be able to afford it w/o the $3,000 help.
Back to top Go down
rdersham
Deployed!
rdersham

Number of posts : 323
Rate : MM2
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Actually they give 50% off to military and their spouses but I think you can only do the Bachelor Degree programs and you'd have to research the specific programs they have. I'm going for my Bachelor's in Human Resource Management and since I have previous credits from a community college, it will only take me 1.5 years (assuming I pass everything) to finish with my degree. It would have normally cost us about $60,000 but I got the military discount and it came out to around $20,000 Smile I also have $6,000 in previous loans but you have to sacrifice for a good education. If you end up picking the right job that is available right out of college and will always be available, then you wind up making what you owe in financial aid in about a year anyway.....That's why I chose the Human Resources. Education is also a good one that will be around forever but, it's just hard to find schools that are hiring! I started off getting my Elementary Education degree but it wasn't for me....Too much schooling! I wish you luck though. Let me know if you have any other questions.

P.s. The nice thing about DeVry is they have night classes and online classes. So, it's kind of like a school that caters to the working citizens. I have class one a week from 6-9:30...That's it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/qt4u0369
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am

You both stink after 4 1/2 years of college (ind you I went to a private city school and had to pay everything beyond scholarships, including living, myself) I have a total of about 150,000 in student loans and interest. I don't suggest it, especially since I now can't get a good paying job in education since I don't know how long I'll be here and hence can't pay the loans due in a week. Good luck, if I could do it over again I would just manage my money better and probably try and work more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue with my school life...   Issue with my school life... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issue with my school life...
Page 1 of 1