Navy Sweethearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navy Sweethearts

Navy Sweethearts of the world get together.
Girlfriends, Fiancess, Wives, Family members, Enlisted memebers,
If you have any tie to the navy,
be it emotional, physical whatever.
Come in and let it roll.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Trinity?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Lynzy~
Admin
Admin
~Lynzy~

Number of posts : 715
Rate : MMN3
Registration date : 2008-06-02

The Trinity? Empty
PostSubject: The Trinity?   The Trinity? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:49 pm

Now, I'm not a religious person. I love having discussions in regards to theology, and personal beliefs and so on. So, this is strictly a "what do you think?" question.

Is the trinity justifiable?
For anyone who might not be familiar with this belief...
I'll put it in general terms, (please allow for differences in denominations)
The Trinity, is the belief that God, The Son, and the Holy ghost are one and the same.

Now, I've always thought they were seperate, even though i was raised Southern Baptist, and they are believers in the Trinity. but I was a child, and to say to a 4 year old that the father and the son were the same thing... I just didn't get it.
Then when our family fell into the hands of the Jehovah's Witnesses... their ideas made a little more sense, yet.... still didn't quite click.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the father and son, are two totally different beings. that Jesus was sent, much like John the Baptist, to prepare the people. The holy ghost, is simply god's active force. which is a little difficult to understand. but the best way i found to describe it to others (while i was still a witness) was basically, it's like the "Force" in StarWars. now this was on a significantly dumbed down scale. but basically it. it's God's power to do... what god does. it was the power of god, (the force, lol) that made it possible for jesus to bear up on the cross *which JW's actually believe he died on a stake*

Part of my problem is. I can discuss with the best of them, i can debate that yes... there is a trinity, because if you study it, and dig, and search, then... yes i found that the trinity could make sense. but that's where the problem comes in. it "could" make sense. If i believed this a certain way, or i interpretted this in a certain way. and vice versa, i could believe that the trinity is false. for the same reasons. as it stands right now... i don't truly believe anything.

I believe that there is a creator, or a higher power. Is this just a need i feel, to save me from my own fear of humanity? I couldn't tell you.
i think that it's hope. I hope that there is a higher power out there, because humanity sucks.... for the most part. if there isn't some being out there that has a greater understanding for all the things going on in this world... then that makes me sad, and it also makes me want to learn more about everything.... to study everything...

so you see my problem. I see the truths, and untruths in everything. (well, most things, i mean... i'm still human, lol) so i never set my beliefs in one set system... the only thing that is set that i truly hope, and believe with an interesting amount of faith that a higher power exists.
And i acknowledge that this faith may be blind. i realize that it may be just a silly attempt as a human being to not feel insignificant in a world full of.... well, everything it's full of.

ok, i think i strayed to far from the point. the point being.....

what do you think of the holy trinity?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynzylou
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

The Trinity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trinity?   The Trinity? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 pm

well first off I think it's alright not to understand everything about God (or if you are another religion than your supreme being) because if we understood everything, what need do we have for him? Secondly the question, I do believe in the trinity and for me (though in part I stop asking questions at a point, just who I am) they are all the same. It's the supernatural, jesus is the human form of God, and the holy ghost is the part of God that lives in us and with us. SO that's just my take, there's no particular denomination I get it from, it's just what I've taken. But I completely believe. God has provided for me way to many times for me to disbelieve. I believe he is all knowing, but he gives us free choice (btw in actuality I would hate to be him, to KNOW what's going to happen and to know my children will turn against me, but to actively let them make their own decisions still and not restrict them). He also said that it is not for us to judge, so while I may not believe the same way you do or may not believe you're life style is correct, I still love you and will be your friend, because it's not my place to judge you, all I can do is be the best example of what Christ wants (though admittedly I'm not very good at it, but I know God loves me anyway).
Ok a little of course, but if anyone has any questions on my faith I'm totally here to answer them, but I'll be honest and tel you I don't have all the answers (if I did I wouldn't be so confused on my marriage.)
Back to top Go down

The Trinity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trinity?   The Trinity? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm

mjrose514 wrote:
It's the supernatural, jesus is the human form of God, and the holy ghost is the part of God that lives in us and with us. SO that's just my take, there's no particular denomination I get it from, it's just what I've taken. But I completely believe. God has provided for me way to many times for me to disbelieve.

That pretty much sums it up.Theres God who created everything,Jesus who died and became man (because God had to become the ultimate sacrifice thus become man...),and the Holy Spirit (Ghost) is what works through and around us.

I think you have to come to some personal conclusion yourself.I cant tell you being Roman Catholic is your best choice...or Baptist,or Buddhist.You have to find the answers for yourself.(this is where the Holy Spirit would come in...guiding you towards what is Godly as opposed to worldly or satanic,etc.)
Back to top Go down
mjrose514
A-Schooler

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-28

The Trinity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trinity?   The Trinity? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:41 am

unclesamwifey- perfect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Trinity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Trinity?   The Trinity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Trinity?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Navy Sweethearts :: Spirituality and Enlightenment :: Religion and Beliefs-
Jump to: